The most common reasons why people struggle from sleep is INSOMNIA. Surprisingly, one tenth people has chronic insomnia and one third adults has occasional insomnia. The basic knowledge everyone knows is that when you stop getting stressed, then you insomnia is gone. Do you know that consuming natural sleep-inducing food can help you cure insomnia and have comfortable sleep? I know changing your diet isn't easy and time consuming, but it's one of the way to fix insomnia. However, you shouldn't eat too much at the same time. Then, it will hurt you to get a good night sleep. So, what are some food that might help? Here it is below!
Top 8 Sleep-Inducing Foods:
1. Yogurt - It gives an effect to your hormones due to calcium processes that helps you with sleep, melatonin and tryptophan. If you don't like yogurt, no worries. There are other dairy product that you can consume calcium. Other options could be cheese, crackers, or milk!
2. Kale - Same as yogurt, kale is rich in calcium and it's very important in making hormones go to work in sleep system.
3. Bananas - As you all know, bananas has high potassium level that helps consistently be in sleep mode throughout the night. Also, it has natural sedatives which are tryptophan and magnesium.
4. Whole Grains - Fun fact, when insulin are too low, you have higher possibility to wake up during the night. Whole grains encourages tryptophan system in the brain with insulin production and helps you stay asleep.
5. Honey - Honey decreases the level of orexin. Orexin is a neurotransmitter that helps you stay awake and more alert. Honey helps you to turn down the alertness in your brain.
6. Nuts - It includes, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, walnut, and pumpkin seeds. These all support boost level in magnesium and tryptophan.
7. Fish - The common fact we all know is that fish has a lot of vitamin b6 included such has halibut, tuna, and salmon. B6 creates melatonin, which usually comes out in nighttime. It gives your brain a head start right before you get into sleep.
8. White Rice - White rice provides a natural increase in insulin levels and blood sugar which operates your brain go to work faster with tryptophan due to high glycemic index.