As you all know, irregular sleeping habits cause fever and headache. You know how important sleep is, right? I hope you do! If you can't sleep, your mood swings get worse, and in the worst case, insomnia and depression come together which leads to a psychological disorder. Trust me, you don't want to go through the painful experience you can never forget. Overall, lack of sleep brings you low immunity that makes you have a constant fever. So, in today's blog, we will talk about how and the way to prevent colds.
Tips for getting rid of fever/cold:
- Always stay hydrated!!! Keeping yourself hydrated with juice, water, warm lemon water helps break down congestion and provides throat lubrication. Overall, this is the progress of "flushing" down all the germs that are kept inside your body.
- Take a day off, focus on resting. Take it very easy, don't try to push yourself when you're feeling under the weather. Space out, take a deep breath, meditate, turn off electronic devices, de-stress.
- Soothe your sore throat. Gargle your mouth with salt water every day in the morning and night.
- Consume medicine/pills. Take acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.), aspirin, or ibuprofen.
- Eat Vitamin C. Vitamin C is well informed when fighting infection, so intake a lot of fruits such as citrus, berries, papayas which will keep you protected.
- SLEEP! Please don't mistakenly think that chilling out is resting. Having actual sleep will increase your energy boost and restore faster. Try to have multiple naps little by little so you won't get tired throughout the day.
- Air Moisture. The main reason why having a sore throat is that your house becomes really dry especially in the winter season. Try adding a humidifier to blow out some moisture in the air.